a picture book of everything i put in my mouth

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One Week!


So today is my one week mark in this adventure of eating healthy. I have to say that I'm really loving it. Really, really. I really had no ideas to start eating vegetarian or vegan, and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure how it happened. It's like I woke up one morning (last Tuesday, to be exact) and was like: I'm sick of eating like a jerk, I want veggies. Checking out the salivating pics on Diana's blog only fueled the fire, and that's why I decided to create this blog, to chronicle all the bad bad things I put in my mouth -- only, I suppose, the catch is that I've been putting some of the best things in my body that my mouth has ever seen!

I'm really enjoying trying all the new recipes I'm finding on various blogs. I love reading other peoples' stories. And most of all,
I love the way I feel. My skin is clearer, my tummy always feels good, and I have steady and sustained energy throughout the day. In fact, I haven't even been moody!

It has only been a week though, and I have a history of dropping projects whenever the wind blows a different direction. I'm really hoping this sticks though, and I somehow think it will -- why stop something that is both fun and tasty?

I feel so satisfied by how I've been eating, I don't even crave the junk that used to be my norm -- I actually passed up Panera, Chipotle, and Paparazzi's (our fave italian joint). We're heading to Orlando at the end of the month and I actually booked us a condo so that I'd have access to a kitchen, and made sure the Whole Foods was close (under 4 miles!) so that I can get all the fresh food my little heart desires. I'm not going to label myself anything, nor say I won't eat anything -- all I know is that I'm very happy eating this way for now, and so is my body.


In food news for today, I had my first GREEN SMOOTHIE
and it was pretty darn delicious. I picked up some spirulina powder today at WF. So, I put 2 tsp of that in with 3/4 cup almond milk, 1 tsp almond butter, 1 tsp agave, and a sprinkle of frozen goji berries. Greengasm!


Also, as a side note... I lost 1.4 lbs this week. I haven't been hungry and I've been eating to my heart's content. Too awesome. Tomorrow I'm going to see about returning some of that NutriSystem stuff to get my $$ back.



































































2 comments:

About Me

My photo
United States
My husband and I just found out we're expecting our first child! We're also moving to Maryland in two weeks and I'm about to launch my own business... So things are about to get a little crazy at the Sturgis household. Follow the fun!

Followers